Base Cost: $1,200 (aircraft, controller, one battery, X3 sensor)
Max Flight Time: 18 minutes
Control range: 3.1 miles (5 kilometers)
Plug & Play DJI Sensors: X3, Z3, X5, X5R, and XT
The DJI Zenmuse X5 is a 3-axis gimbal-stabilized imaging sensor package. It has a micro four-thirds imaging sensor and has the capability to swap compatible lenses. Also note, the DJI Inspire 1 may require a new mounting bracket and landing gear extenders to fit the DJI Zenmuse X5. Once equipped with this modification, the DJI Inspire 1 does not need to be converted back to fit the other DJI sensors. This modification comes stock on the DJI Inspire 1 Pro.
The DJI Zenmuse X3 is a 3-axis gimbal-stabilized imaging sensor package. It can record video in 4K and has an integrated lens.
The DJI Inspire 1 is DJI's first professional-grade sUAS. This system was designed for and marketed to aerial cinematography. Its dual-remote functionality allows a pilot to focus on flying the aircraft through one controller and the other controller can be dedicated to camera control. This functionality allows the safe capture of impressive cinematic videos. The Inspire 1 is also a capable data capturing platform for scientific remote sensing. Its compatibility with multiple proprietary DJI sensors and low entry cost make this the entry platform for users who need a versatile system.
- Propeller Diagonal: 581mm (landing mode)
- Storage size: H83mm x W83mm x L198mm (about the size of a liter water bottle)
- Weight: 2845 grams (without sensor)
- Max ascent speed: 16.4 ft/s (5m/s)
- Max descent speed: 13.1 ft/s (4m/s)
- Max forward speed: 49 mph (79kph)
- Max Service Ceiling MSL: 1.55 mi (2500m)
- Max Flight Time: 18 minutes
- Operating Temperature Range: 14 to 104 F (-10 to 40 C)
- Control range: 3.1 miles (5 kilometers)
- Wind Limit: 22mph (36kph)
- Base Cost: $1,200 (aircraft, controller, one battery, X3 sensor)
- Required: SD Memory Cards, Extra batteries ($199/each), charger, tablet (Apple or Android)
- Optional: Sun visors, durable transport case, and Wi-Fi hotspot
- Mission Planning: App-based